11.22.2006

I must say, I went to Target expecting to fall in love. With our beautiful porcelain dishes, C and I were thinking maybe we should get some everyday type dinner ware. I was thinking even though it is holiday specific, the Tord dishes just might work. Simply and blandly, they lack the oomph his laser cut panels, vase covers, and other lines of dinner ware have. They come nowhere close to his other stuff, maybe if the standard hadn't been set so high? I don't know, but Tord, how could you do this to me??

Over at World Market, though. Mmmmm. They are filling my heart with joy: felt cut table runners and stockings. Slightly folksy, simultaneously modern. I'm coming, white felt table runner, don't sell out! I'll be right there! I promise. True love waits!! Wait for me!!

No comments: