8.18.2010

All signs point to Portland

I have to admit, and will sound like a total dunce saying so, that I haven't listened to the news much since the BP oil disaster. The "war on terror", the environmental catastrophe, and now the mosque/ground zero debate tie my tummy up in knots. When the news is 1) made up of things I can't do much about, 2) horrifically bloody, 3) ridiculous, and/or 4) a disgusting cocktail of all of the above, I turn into an ostrich and stick my head in the sand.

The metaphorical sand being inane, over-the-top morning shows and mid 90s pop punk.
Finally, though, I did hear some good news!


In other good news {non sequitur}, I got the succulent fabric back from Spoonflower {also the current background to this here bloggy} and one of these days I'm going to get to sew a little something up with one of these.Like maybe a fantastic pattern from Portland designer Colette, that's headed my way from SewMamaSew. I actually ordered Alexander Henry's Lake Hollywood Lawn Blue Bell pattern in blue so I might make that one first then try it with my own fabric, Jena, in charcoal. Jena, the first person who got a sample of this pattern, lives in Portland herself. I bought the Colette pattern because it seemed perfect for an evening of drinks, dinner, and dancing. . .in Portland!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Lucky Lady (Portland is my hometown).

Beautiful fabric/patterns.

Wolfie and the Sneak said...

I've never been, but I know you must miss it!